<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15151145\x26blogName\x3dKaf\x27s+Corner\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kafaleni.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_NZ\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kafaleni.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d215703275884089788', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Supreme randomness of thought and action.

Previous Posts

Archives


The WeatherPixie
Terror Alert Level
Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Kaf's Corner

Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Don Brash - Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

Every election year, I promise myself that this will be the time that I watch all of the election debates. Somehow, I have managed to miss at least two of them again (so far) this time around. Someone remind me to catch the next one. It probably won't be half as much fun, though, unless they throw in Winston Peters and Richard Prebble.. Winnie and Dick are two smaller party leaders (NZFirst and ACT respectively), and you never hear from either of them unless they're stirring up more grief, or (of course) it's an election year. So now they're everywhere. Then there's the thing with Donna Awatere Huata. Okay.. I'm going to skip the next debate too. This all serves to remind me why I'm pretty much apolitical.. kinda right-leaning, but not enough to throw my lot in with them..
BTW, my local MP (who is, of course incredibly popular and has been elected by a pretty large margin for the last four elections) stands for pretty much everything I despise. I get emails and letters encouraging me to email my MP with my opinion on certain subjects. I did it once, just to try and get my point across. He was one of the MP's sponsoring the bill that I was opposed to. I got back a whole bunch of pointless rhetoric and hot air on why the bill I hated was a good thing.

Okay.. I'm going to stop now.

Kaf, it's a little tough to comment when we've never heard of any of these people but I'll give you my father's words of wisdom: always vote to throw out whoever is IN now.

I'd say, "Don't vote. It just encourages them."  

_____________________

I agree with you, Jeff. However, I also believe in my father's maxim, which is "If you don't vote, you can't complain about the results."

I'm just venting a little, because politicking drives me batty!  

_____________________

I always voted when I could (i.e. when I was still in Argieland). I figure that's what democracy is for.

Just remember, "democracy" is just one letter away from "democrazy".  

_____________________

It can try your patience, though, when both major candidates are idjits... that's when I vote Libertarian!  

_____________________

Post a Comment