<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15151145\x26blogName\x3dKaf\x27s+Corner\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kafaleni.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_NZ\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kafaleni.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d215703275884089788', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Supreme randomness of thought and action.

Previous Posts

Archives


The WeatherPixie
Terror Alert Level
Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Kaf's Corner

Friday, March 31, 2006
I Know Better Now....
When I was very young (pre-school or thereabouts) my father played for the local cricket team. Some days, he'd take me with him and I'd sit on the sidelines with my drink bottle and lunchbox and watch my Daddy either play or practice. One of my strongest memories is of the men's locker room at the park. Not of the inside (I wasn't allowed in there) but of walking past and the smells of the locker room. It smelled like liniment. Strong, pungent and ohmygosh! Not a pleasant smell, but associated with a lot of good memories and "daddy-daughter" days.
These memories came rushing back to me last night. Now I'm not brand obsessed, I'll buy whichever toothpaste I think looks good and preferrably is on special. Last night I opened a new tube of toothpaste, and I caught a whiff. The smell sparked something in my unconscious mind, but my neurons weren't firing as fast as my hands were working and the toothbrush was in my mouth before I realised that the smell was liniment and the taste was pretty much like liniment smelled! UGH!! Of course, I'd bought a toothpaste/mouthwash combo and I could taste liniment all evening until I went to sleep! *goes to check old tube* I think I can squeeze one more lot of paste out of here before having to resort to that stuff again.

Needless to say, I'll be stopping at the supermarket to buy more toothpaste (in a more agreeable flavour) on the way home from work!

someone did a study once and found that these days the most easily remembered odors were artificial ones like baby oil, Play-Doh, and Magic Markers... still doesn't explain liniment toothpaste though.

A friend of mine grew up in Russia, he said his dad didn't realize that you spat out mouthwash, so he swallowed it! Probably tasted like minty vodka.  

_____________________

Post a Comment